Agriculture & Property Accounts Manager
We are recruiting for an Agriculture & Property Accounts Manager to work within the Agriculture and Property Department of a highly successful accountancy practice at the firm’s office in Kettering. You will take responsibility for a large rural and agricultural focused portfolio and provide accountancy and tax services, advice and planning.
This is an opportunity for someone with extensive experience within an accountancy practice environment, to make the role their own and would suit someone with agricultural experience gained in or outside of accountancy.
Reporting to the agricultural directors/partners, the Agriculture & Property Accounts Manager will have the following responsibilities:
* To provide exceptional levels of service to rural business clients on a wide variety of areas, on a cost effective & timely basis
* Reviewing accounts and tax returns prepared by other members of the agricultural team and clearing all review points to partner level; this will include farming companies, partnerships and cooperatives
* Developing relationships with these clients through meetings and regular contact to ensure that you become their point of contact on day-to-day matters
* To provide consistently high levels of service to the entire portfolio covering all aspects of accounting and tax in a cost effective and timely manner
* Tax planning, capital gains, inheritance tax, development land, VAT registration, farm diversification and other matters that may arise which will cover all relevant taxes
* Assisting partners with specific assignments- e.g. business planning, advisory and tax matters
* General management of the agricultural portfolio including monthly WIP management and billing, staff feedback following job review and workflow management to ensure all work is completed before the relevant deadlines
* Assisting with the management of the Agriculture and Property Department, including staff appraisals
We welcome applications from individuals who satisfy the following criteria:
* Qualified ACA/ ACCA /CTA, with direct agricultural knowledge and a minimum of two years post qualification experience gained within practice
* Ability to review and complete accounts files & personal tax returns files in a cost effective and timely manner
* Strong computer literacy and ability to use the MS office Suite and accounting software, especially Xero
* Strong problem resolution skills and the ability to identify possible solutions
* Good marketing, networking and business development skills
* Strong organisation skills and the ability to prioritise jobs effectively and willing to work outside normal hours as required
* Agricultural experience is required, having worked with agriculture accounts or close connections to the farming sector
* Self-motivated and career focused with demonstrable skills and a passion for delivering accounting services and taxation advice in this field
* A team player but with the ability to work autonomously when necessary
* Be focused on couching and supporting more junior team members and trainees
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and a great benefits package and enjoy the benefits of working for a highly successful and growing accountancy practice that can offer career progression.
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Submit your CV for this Agriculture & Property Accounts Manager role
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful