Our client is a family run, established business with offices based in central Northampton.
They are a small, highly skilled team known and established for over 40 years in their industry providing excellent customer service and continued excellent results for our clients.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Accounts Administrator who must be well versed with using Xero's accounting software. The successful candidate will be experienced in all facets of finance from accounts payable and receivable to payroll and reconciliation, with experience in VAT returns and CIS deductions. This is a busy and growing company which is looking for someone to hit the ground running. Its imperative that you have a good work ethic and are competent in building a good relationship with the other departments as this finance role will need to work in conjunction with everyone, from the directors to the tradespeople, as is the nature of this industry.
Main Job Responsibilities / Function:
· Accounts Receivable – end to end process
· Accounts Payable – end to end process
· Purchasing specialist materials and management of trade accounts
· New customer/supply chain creation and onboarding
· Payroll for sub-contractors and other external services
· Bank reconciliation against invoices and receipts
· Processing of expenses
· Management of Fuel card
· Resolving customer queries
· Preparation of payment runs
· VAT returns and CIS deductions for our sub-contractor network
· Maintaining the Xero system
· Other ad-hoc finance duties
· Customer Service Skills.
· Previous experience working within construction or with trades is highly preferred.
· Understanding of all day-to-day Xero functions, with an ambition to learn and develop with the software (2 – 3 years is a must).
· Ability to use initiative to problem solve.
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
· Juggling reactive and proactive tasks, with a focus on the ability to manage priorities within your own task portfolio.
· Excellent numerical skills.
· Taking excess payments and logging on database.
· Must have accounts experience.
· Well versed in VAT returns and CIS deductions.
· AAT accreditation would be favourable.
Hours & Remuneration:
We're looking for somebody part time, between 20-25 hours a week with an ideal working pattern of Monday, Wednesday & Friday. Core office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 – 5:30. Salary between £23,000 – £28,000 pro-rata. Additional benefits to include healthcare, pension contribution and discount at certain leading outlets