5G Architect/ Developer
Altran are looking for an experienced 5G Architect/Developer to join us.
Role: 5G Architect / Developer
Closing date 3rd December 2020
Role and Responsibilities:
In this role, the candidate will be responsible for:
* Design and implementation of 3GPP (LTE/5G) spec-based features for complex capacity UE simulator for LTE, 5G and multi-RAT
* Study, design and implement changes on across the UE stack (L1/Baseband, L1- Controller, MAC, RRC).
* Design and maintain code for L1 controller, UE mobility and UE Configuration related modules
* Design and implementation solutions for Logging and Stats management
* Design the solution and improvements required in Component Test & Unit Test framework for respective modules
* Preparing guidelines to maintain design/code and timely review of artifacts
Key Responsibilities include:
* Understand the specification/requirements and implement the solutions on Higher Layer and Lower Layers
* Requirement gathering, evaluating technical solutions, Identifying risk, and implementation after approval– in a sensitive & time-bound environment
* Coordination within & across the Cross-functional Agile Scrum team(s) to resolve/support design/code issues.
* Support for customer issues in a time bound environment
* Thorough understanding of 3GPP RAN/UE specifications for NR5G (& LTE)
* Degree in Electrical/Electronics & Comm/Computer or other relevant engineering field.
* Extensive relevant experience in Wireless Domain
* 3GPP understanding of RAN/UE specs
* Strong experience in designing complex embedded systems, with strong analytical and debugging skills
* Design experience in multi-tasking, multi-threading, embedded software development, memory management etc.
* Knowledge of x86 platform is an added advantage
* Strong Experience in C, C++
* Python experience is an added advantage
* Working knowledge of Git, Bitbucket
* Experience in Agile based software development
In order to be successful in this role, the following competencies and behavior skills are required:
* Excellent communication skills.
* Focus on customer satisfaction.
* Methodical problem solving and debugging skills.
* Good organizational skills e.g. time management and balancing priorities.
* Exceptional self-motivation and self-management skills, ability to work diligently.
* Demonstrated successful performance in a dynamic, multi-task environment
* Ability to work effectively with others in order to achieve meaningful results in time-bound manner