3D SolidWorks Technician
About the Company:
Our Cambridgeshire based Client provides a complete range of food processing equipment and products and they’re looking to grow their design team. They solutions include; snack food high volume production lines, root crop processing, canning, coffee processing and offer the complete turn-key solution.
Working under their own initiative, with support from the close-knit Project Engineering team, fulfilling “inception to completion” design and draughting requirements for food processing lines (cradle to grave). Developing models and fabrication drawings. Sheet-metal formations and structural steelwork. Working to and delivering highly hygienic (food safe) design standards.
* Conversant with 2D & 3D CAD
* 3D SolidWorks trained and competent – industrial fabrication drawings
* Site survey of operating areas
* Steelwork design, load bearing calculations, fabrication drawings.
* Access walkways and staircase design and fabrication drawings.
* Risk assessments for the specific solutions and the interacting layout.
* Process layout refinement and design of interconnecting transfer chutes etc.
* Identify foot-loadings for interaction with construction companies.
* Identify utility connection points for the process layout.
* Amend layouts with “as installed” updates
* Experience within a similar role is essential and preferably; Food machinery design, Hygienic food-safe solutions, Fabrication processes, CE marking, machinery directive and guarding requirements
* Experience in equipment & steelwork design and fabrication techniques
* Minimum 3 years industrial experience. HNC / HND qualification in engineering
* Dynamic, enthusiastic and flexible approach
* Willing to travel (occasional need for UK and foreign site surveys)
* Commercial awareness applied to designing – value engineering approach
* Excellent people skills, clear communicator, team player
* Computer literate with working knowledge of; SolidWorks (parts, weldments, sheet-metal, piping, stress analysis), AutoCAD
* An innovative and forward thinking individual. Highly organised with attention to detail. Willingness to learn and develop new skills. Self-motivated and solution focused
* Private healthcare after qualifying period. Additional holiday plan based on years of service. 20 days holiday (plus bank and public holidays).Company contributory pension scheme